Thank you for considering me to complete your military competency application. I am also a veteran and very familiar with the process. I prefer you contact me via email at Vince@dpeaz.com with questions. You are welcome to text me at 757-237-2298, however I'm typically flying and will call you back as soon as I can. You do not have to live in Arizona for me to process your application. If it is a military conversion, I can help you. Commercial, Instrument, Instructor(not including reinstatement), Centerline thrust removal, appropriate type ratings, etc. If you are seeking powered lift contact me for special instructions, this can not be done in IACRA. Follow the steps below if you want to proceed with processing your MILCOMP application. Please provide me the requested information, preferably in a single email with appropriate attachments.
1. FTN number from IACRA. Please place your FTN number in the subject heading of the email so I can track your progress. Please complete your application and submit in IACRA before submitting paperwork to me. Sheppard Air has several guides for filling out the 8710. Links below. These are not all inclusive, if you have specific questions let me know. When listing the appropriate military aircraft in block II.B.4.a and II.B.4.b ensure you list the specific model that corresponds with your logbook ie T-6 vs T-6a. The FAA has been returning applications if the correct model is not listed. https://www.sheppardair.com/download/fillin8710-1.pdf https://www.sheppardair.com/download/IACRA-MCA.pdf
2. Your unexpired FAA medical certificate if you have one (you’re not required to have one).
3. Copy of front and back of FAA Pilot Certificate (if you have one). If you need a replacement, go to:
4. Copy of Military Competency test score report for commercial application or MCI for CFI if applicable. Note: The test score report from your test is good for 24 months, so submit your application before it expires. If you have your ATP, the MCN test is not required. For example ATP multi seeking commercial Single does not require MCN test.
5. A current Flying Summary pdf from Flight Records, or other flying qualification summary from your military service. That’s the printout that shows the history of your different aircraft qualifications. Acceptable records by branch of service are below.
6. Your unexpired Driver’s License or Military ID Card(Front and back) and passport if you are not a U.S. citizen.
7. You do not need to input flight hours in IACRA, however it doesn’t hurt to have an official record just in case.
8. My fee is $200 for your first application with me and $100 for subsequent applications. For example, If you submit one application for airplane multiengine land and a type rating that is a single charge of $200. If you are seeking an instructor certificate and commercial certificate that would be a total charge of $300.
9. Please submit payment at the time you send me your information. If I determine you are not eligible for the certificate you are pursuing, I will refund you the associated fee. You can pay me via zelle using 757-237-2298 as recipient code, apple pay using 757-237-2298 as recipient code, or Venmo @vincentwittig if asked last 4 digits of phone number are 2298. Do not select the service option in VENMO, this charges me a fee. You can pay by credit card using THIS LINK however there is a 5% fee. Let me know what form of payment you used or include a note in the payment itself so I know it’s from you.
10. Please include in your email the following FAA required statement. "I have reviewed the Pilot Bill of Rights and Privacy Act Statements". Both documents are located below. I need this statement to process your application remotely.
11. This is not my full time job and it does take time for me to review everything. I will typically finish your application within a few days but It can take 3-4 weeks depending on my workload. If you need it processed faster, please put urgent in the subject of the email and add an additional $100 to the fee. If you don't get a response from me within a week feel free to send me a follow up email or text.
Look forward to working with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions.
A good resource for Military Competency is sheppard air. They also have a great study guide for the MILCOMP exam if you are required to take it. Click the link below to visit their website. If you can’t find the answer there, I’ll try and find the answer for you. https://www.sheppardair.com/milcomp.htm
See the flowchart below to verify your specific requirements for an instructor certificate if applicable. Sheppard air also has a study guide for the MCI exam and detailed FAQ section. https://www.sheppardair.com/mcs.htm
Review the PDF below to see if you eligible for associated type ratings for your military aircraft.